torek, 13. januar 2015

LET'S GET FIT!

Hi beautiful people of the internet!

Today is quite an random blog post, that I decided to write an hour ago. Oh well, I find spontaneous writing a lot better than planned, so why not?! As I did mention in some of my previous post, I didn't actually write New Year Resolutions this year. The reason is, my resolutions didn't really change from last year. Not because I was lazy and didn't do them, but because they are constant work, not something you can check of the list and you're good to go for the whole year. For example, travel more, try to eat healthy, don't avoid your problems, ... If I try to actually accomplish these goals, I need to be persistent and try most of the days. 


On my NY Resolution List last year was to get fitter. And that is one of the only things I stopped doing, after I reached my goal (and that was in June :O, you are terrible, Karin!). I found it hard to work out and eat right during summer, because so much things happen, you are always on the go and travelling around and you don't have that much time on your hands (I know, what a lame excuse!). 
So, I am starting over! I will be doing a series called 30 Days Challanges. I started doing it in last March and I really got the motivation I needed with a help of this site and their challenges. You start light and then progress every day. It's great because you don't do 10 squats and next day 50, but is more enjoyable experience. 

I chose 4 different challenges, for different body parts:


1.) 30 DAYS ABS CHALLENGE



2.) 30 DAY EASY PUSH UP CHALLENGE (I know it's embarrassing to start with only 3 push ups per day, but I don't have any muscles in my arms and can't do 15 push ups in day 1)!


3.) 30 DAY TRICEP DIPS CHALLENGE (I had never done this before, yaiks!)


4.) 30 DAY BUTT CHALLENGE

I did similar challenges last year, so I won't start at day 1 (I will just for Push up Challenge and Tricep Dips, because I will die if I don't :D), I actually started at day 5 and will be doing same thing till day 6. In a month, after the challenges are over, I am very much hopeful, I won't quit working out, but just find something else that is more fun than fitness (I heard a lot of good things for Nike's app, do you know it?).

If you want to get fitter as well and try to workout for 10 minutes per day, join the challenges, I think it would be quite fun! You can follow me on Twitter, where I will complain about sore body every day, I am sure, but will post some motivational post with #LetsGetFitWithKarin. If we do it together, maybe we won't procrastinate, because we will have the support. What do you think? Are you up for the challenge?!

I also started to prepare for my 10 km run in May, called Wings For Life World Run (which I'm quite scared about!). It's for great cause: 100% of the entry fee from world run goes to spinal cord research. But more on that in the next post. :)

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.


  

2 komentarja:

  1. A bird house of a blog15. januar 2015 ob 18:17

    lovely blog, I love going out and running it really feels so nice and gives you so much energy for the day

    http://abirdhouseblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    OdgovoriIzbriši
  2. Randomly found your blog and can’t express how I like it!
    It was so interesting to read your posts and also I’d like to say that you have beautiful photos!
    I’ll be happy to see you in my blog!)

    Diana Cloudlet
    http://www.dianacloudlet.com/

    OdgovoriIzbriši